Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Broken Age

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jan 14, 2014

A point-and-click adventure game from Tim Schafer and Double Fine Productions, and the first huge success story for a game on Kickstarter, which firmly put Kickstarter on the map as a source for games funding.

Double fine adventure coming to Ouya as timed exclusive?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke
    cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cmblasko

That's seems like a terrible idea if true.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

What's a Ouya, sounds like something a German prositute would moan, "Oh yaaah! Oh yaaah!"

Ou-ya. *chka-chka*

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#4  Edited By Kidavenger

Great way for Double Fine to piss off their backers if other people get the game before they do.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

It's important to realize they're talking specifically about "TV consoles", which is not how I'd want to play a point-and-click adventure game anyway. I don't think there was ever any guarantee of it coming to consoles in the first place.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I wasn't even aware it was coming to home consoles, so this is fine? I guess.

Either way, this doesn't change the PC release.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ares42

ehm.. that's quite a deceptive way to put it. The game is being made for multiple platforms, android being one of them, and since Ouya is android based it will be able to play it. There is no exclusivety, it just so happens that Ouya can play certain games that are not made for consoles.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Kidavenger said:

Great way for Double Fine to piss off their backers if other people get the game before they do.

I don't think the kickstarter mentioned consoles outside of "eventually it may happen after PC release." Ouya isn't taking away from anybody who's gonna play it on computer and the copy of the game you get was through Steam. At most it was a disc based PC copy.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By buft

@Kidavenger said:

I was just thinking that, I dont give a flying shit about the ouya but i'd like to get my hands on DFA

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrfluke

@Ares42 said:

ehm.. that's quite a deceptive way to put it. The game is being made for multiple platforms, android being one of them, and since Ouya is android based it will be able to play it. There is no exclusivety, it just so happens that Ouya can play certain games that are not made for consoles.

i guess i could have cleared it up, but ouya is a home console, and it seems the double fine game is a timed exclusive on that home console,

but i cleared up my text a bit though

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ares42

@mrfluke: That's missing the point though. They're making a game for desktop computers and mobile platforms. It just so happens that Ouya is a console that can play mobile games. There is no timed exclusive, they're just not making it for consoles. Basically what they're saying is that any and all games made for mobile platforms are their console exclusive.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mrfluke

@Ares42: this is what im going by

A Double Fine rep says that Schafer's game, codenamed Reds, will count the Ouya as its only TV console on launch day. That seems to leave it open to come to other consoles after launch. But the rep says the studio currently has no plans for other console releases.

sorry if it bugs you so much that i made a simple mistake.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BisonHero

@mrfluke: You sure make a lot of threads about gaming news.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrfluke

@BisonHero: thats a bad or a good thing? genuinely curious to hear, i just figure id post stuff that flew under GB's radar

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ares42

@mrfluke: It doesn't bug me that much, I'm just saying this is your typical kotaku approach of "we're gonna pick some detail and twist it to sound as controversial as possible".

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BisonHero

@mrfluke said:

@BisonHero: thats a bad or a good thing? genuinely curious to hear, i just figure id post stuff that flew under GB's radar

I don't have a problem with it, because I've certainly done the same thing on occasion. But I've noticed that I generally save it for a bit of news that either: A) I am personally quite interested in, or B) is interesting enough that it will probably generate 2 or 3 pages of discussion.

Personally, I wouldn't have bothered making a thread about Zaeed's voice actor (though apparently I misjudged how many people would react to his passing), or stuff like the AC3 DLC announcement (which really had nothing to talk about aside from some release dates), or any of the more speculative Kotaku articles you've made threads about.

But that's me and my standards. Not trying to tell you how to live your life.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrfluke

@Ares42: true, you're right,

to my defense, its my first day going forward with this initiative of posting news that goes undetected by giantbomb to the forums, so ill adjust.

you live you learn right? :P

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

:/

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrfluke

@BisonHero: its my first day going forward with this initiative of posting news that goes undetected by giantbomb to the forums. but ill take your opinion to mind though. as you make a good point about the ac3 dlc announcement (which i only posted that so that people see the release dates) but i believe this is the only speculative article i made a thread about?

ill adjust and find a better balance.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JazGalaxy
    @mrfluke said:

http://kotaku.com/5982318/ouya-will-be-getting-tim-schafers-big-kickstarter-game-other-consoles-wont-ouya-boss-says

seems the ouya guys secured " timed home console exclusivity" on the double fine kickstarter game, i say timed cause according to kotaku, it seems its still open for this game to come to other home consoles after ouya launch day. its still launching like normal on the mobile platforms

its a good get for the ouya guys, kinda whatevs in the grand shceme of things though.

What? I sincerely doubt this is true.@Kidavenger said:

Engh... this headline is just baiting. 

The Doublefine game was always made for PC and Mobile devices of which the Ouya happens to be one. For the Ouya guy to come out and say it's an exclusive is sideways talk and completely disingenuous. Doubelfine ought to nip it in the but, though, because it does sound like they're playing around with backer money to make more money, but, I don't belive that's the case. 
    BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BisonHero

@mrfluke said:

@BisonHero: its my first day going forward with this initiative of posting news that goes undetected by giantbomb to the forums. but ill take your opinion to mind though. as you make a good point about the ac3 dlc announcement (which i only posted that so that people see the release dates) but i believe this is the only speculative article i made a thread about?

ill adjust and find a better balance.

The "some dude mentioned it on his resume" Wolfenstein news story also seemed wildly speculative. That was the other one I was thinking of. Maybe they're really keeping a lid on it and it'll be announced at E3, but it's far more likely that game is just cancelled.

But hey man, if people are digging it and talking about the news you put in the forums, don't let my attitude slow you down.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mrfluke

@JazGalaxy: sorry if my headline was deceptive, i take full responsibility for my errors.

if you're talking about the kotaku headline.......carry on then :P

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mrfluke

@BisonHero: i dont care about the views honestly as ill still post obscure stuff. like the republique video. (although i wont deny it was fucking awesome to see some of the stuff i posted yesterday and today getting more views than what patrick and alex posted)

but its a good metric though, of if a thread doesnt at least get over 100 views (or at least 70-90 views) then i view that as something the GB community doesnt give a damm about :P

as for that wolfenstein story, i do remember actual games coming out of stuff like that so i dont think ill rule that out yet.

but yea though seems the reception to me doing this stuff has been positive, so ill post news in these forums when it makes sense. (probably more during the night like this when the staff are done working, that way i can see if they missed any interesting stuff that this community might dig)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.