Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 18, 2019

A spiritual successor to Koji Igarashi's games in the Castlevania franchise, led by Igarashi himself and funded through Kickstarter. Control the mysterious "Shardbinder" known as Miriam in a demon-infested 18th century England.

How is the performance on Switch now?

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Hey guys, I picked this up on PC on launch. Really want to play through again on switch for travelling next week but I've heard terrible things about the port that have now been made slightly better with patches.

Just wondering if anyone had played the current version and knew if it's in a decently playable/stable state?

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By brian_  Online

I'm in a weird position in that I got the Switch version at launch, but wasn't as put off by the technical issues as a lot of other people were. I've never been a huge specs guy, especially when it comes to frame rate. I noticed some slowdown in a couple of spots, but not enough to prevent me from playing the game. The main things I noticed at launch were how blurry character models looked up close and the lack of effects on screen and they were noticeably better after the update. It's still a Switch game, so it's not going to look as good as the other versions of course, but it probably falls more in line with people's expectations now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.