Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Aug 21, 2007

Venture into the mysterious, Utopian underwater city of Rapture and discover what has turned it into ruin in this first-person epic.

Did you save or harvest Little Sisters in your first playthrough?

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bionicicide
    Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bionicicide

I for one harvested every single one. I wanted to upgrade my Plasmids faster and didn't care about some "evil" cutscene at the end of the game. I actually never quite understood the design choice to use little girls and would really like someone to explain their existence and relationship with Big Daddies again to me... and were they all clones... orphan clones? 

Not excited to hear BioShock: Infinite will have them since it'll bring the multiple ending gimmick back and just ruin the canon. [see: JoyStiq video interview with Ken Levine, Creative Director]

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I saved every one. I always go the Boy Scout way of things on my first playthrough of any game with a kind of morality system. I couldn't actually bring myself to harvest them during my 2nd playthrough, either D=. After playing BioShock 2, though, I can now harvest every single glowy eyed brat that I come across without a single drop of remorse. =S Plus I swear that they tell their Big Daddies to ''kill him like a little bitch'' when I attack them.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Evilsbane

I always play the good guy first time through.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I saved every single Little Sister.  I usually play as if I were the person in the video game when it comes to choices such as those and I would never hurt a tortured soul like those even if they made me more powerful (which, in the end, it didn't because saving them actually gave you more Adam than harvesting them).

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CaptainTightPants

I have not finished Bioshock but i saved the 2-3 that i encountered and i plan on saving every other one as well. 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Bionicicide said:
    " I actually never quite understood the design choice to use little girls and would really like someone to explain their existence and relationship with Big Daddies again to me... and were they all clones... orphan clones? "
    For the design choice behind Little Sisters, listen to the first Irrational Games podcast

The Little Sisters were not clones but they were technically orphans as they were removed from their parents.  The Big Daddies were created as protection for them, obviously.  You can read more about it at the Bioshock wiki.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By toowalrus

I harvested every one my first time too, I went into it not knowing what to expect, and didn't know you actually get more Atom when you save them. My 2nd play-through I saved each one though.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bionicicide
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Bionicicide said:
    " I actually never quite understood the design choice to use little girls and would really like someone to explain their existence and relationship with Big Daddies again to me... and were they all clones... orphan clones? "
    For the design choice behind Little Sisters, listen to the first Irrational Games podcast

The Little Sisters were not clones but they were technically orphans as they were removed from their parents.  The Big Daddies were created as protection for them, obviously.  You can read more about it at the Bioshock wiki. "
    I guess the identical stamp is my barrier to sympathizing.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By GunstarRed

Saved, I always play good in games ona first playthrough. (other than that time in fable 2 where I slaughtered the villiage you start in) When I went through the game for a second time i really missed the little violin tune it played when you saved them. The harvesting animation  just seems a bit "whatever" lacking any kind of impact.
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By phrosnite

I don't remember actually :) I was disappointed in Bioshock. Everybody was saying it's the best thing ever but when I played it I was meh... certainly not the 96 on metacritic.
    I was saving them but I think I harvested one or two... dunno.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By CaptainObvious

I saved them all.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#13  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I saved all the Little Sisters I found although I do have a friend who started harvesting them and then a certain way through the game started regretting it.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By adoggz

little of both, the getting more atom for saving all is complete bullshit though.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I'm afraid i quit the game before getting there

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RVonE

Saved them all. Why would you want to be a jerk?
    Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Glak

I saved them all, it's not in me to be the evil guy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.