Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 21, 2016

The long-running Battlefield series goes even further back in time in the 15th installment, this time to the first World War.

Weapon recommendations for us console players

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lots of weapon recommendations floating around online are by and for PC Battlefield 1 players.

Hooray for them, but many of us play on consoles, and lets be honest, controlling recoil with a thumb stick can be tough.

(But you say, "Psssh, I kill people from across the map with my Automatico all while moving the thumb stick with my wiener!" Well, good for you. Also, that's weird.)

So, for all you console BF1ers, what weapons do you like? What weapons do you know to be strong / popular that you actually stay away from?

benjaminkicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By benjaminkicks

I play mostly Medic and Support. Still haven't given a lot of weapons a fair shake, but these are the ones I've settled on as my favorites so far

For Medic: Selbstlader M1916 - Accurate, high damage, quick reload, and 21 rounds in it's clip. I like the Optical version.

For Support:

Started with the Madsen MG - Less ammo than some of the other LMGs (31), but makes up for it with higher accuracy and damage. Biggest downside is the vertical magazine which limits your view.

Then I switched to the Bar M1918 - My current go-to. Very accurate with good damage. The downside is the only 20-round clip, but it also has the fastest reload time of all the Support weapons.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very pro-shotgun for the Assault class, backed up with 2 Bundle Grenades, Impact grenade, and that rocket launcher thing, you can be a terror at close range (and deadly to vehicles / annoying to heavy tanks). And if someone's holed up in a building, remove the building with your Rocket gun.

As for the shotgun, I really enjoy the Model 10-A Factory, that thing's crazy powerful at close range.

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benjaminolson: Yeah, the BAR M1918 is a really great gun. I found that it works much better as an assault rifle, than an actual LMG.

The storm version is amazing for close to mid range, but the telescopic version can murder if you get your range down. The ability to select semi auto also helps with longer range fights.

Avatar image for williamflattener
    williamflattener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Which gun makes it so I don't die repeatedly to enemy snipers lying prone in the opposing starting point?

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

For Scouts, the Gewehr 98 Sniper is by far the best rifle going in my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.