Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 21, 2016

The long-running Battlefield series goes even further back in time in the 15th installment, this time to the first World War.

Some ridiculous dice rolls for accuracy, no killcam?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Anyone else notice the ridiculous accuracy issues with ps4 with this game? I have had multiple time that i have point blank shot an enemy with a shotgun and they had almost full life after they killed me or beginning sniped by a trench gun from across the map. You think this has to do with possible lag? I'm curious if there isn't a killcam since it might reveal some lag issues. One instance I can remember getting shot up by someone who hadn't turned around yet. Also I've had boxes fail to open and I get nothing because of connection issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly it may just be coming from Overwatch the controls feel very loose and inaccurate. Whenever I get killed in Overwatch I get why, half the time I get killed in Battlefield I feel like it's just luck

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well killcams weren't around during WWI, soooo...

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By flasaltine

Neither was color

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't had any issues with lag or the problems you've been having

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kenobi said:

Anyone else notice the ridiculous accuracy issues with ps4 with this game? I have had multiple time that i have point blank shot an enemy with a shotgun and they had almost full life after they killed me or beginning sniped by a trench gun from across the map. You think this has to do with possible lag? I'm curious if there isn't a killcam since it might reveal some lag issues. One instance I can remember getting shot up by someone who hadn't turned around yet. Also I've had boxes fail to open and I get nothing because of connection issues.

I've shot motherfuckers, point-blank, in their face with a shotgun and it had no effect. Then I promptly get dropped in a split second.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Battlefield ever have a killcam? Seem to remember that being something that was jarring to me when I played Bad Company 2 after years of COD.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@thekramer89 said:

Neither was color

Are you telling me WWI was completely fought with Dogs

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The shotgun is highly suspect. I have almost no problem with any gun I've used so far. Decided to get the shotgun and give it a go. I could not kill anyone with it. There was a couple times when I was very close to someone and hit them with three shots for 50 dmg. But then again I've somehow had people shoot me from way far away with two shots and kill me with it.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By gundogan

@bojackhorseman: All Battlefields only show where you're killed from.

Killcams are rubbish for netcode issues anyway since it's the server view and that one is always different from the player view in an online game.

Shotgun spread is very random in frostbite Battlefields, so weird stuff can be expected.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

1. Killcams aren't something that I really remember being in Battlefield games. Then again, I haven't played BF4 or Hardline, so what do I know?
    2. The problem with accuracy, as far as I can tell, all has to do with latency. We tested it in-house at my workplace (I work at a LAN gaming center), and sitting right next to a teammate and watching when I shot versus when it showed up on his screen, there was a small enough delay that he was able to dodge half of the shit I shot at him. It sucks, but it's also something to be expected from a 64-player online shooter within the first few weeks. Those kinks will probably get worked out.
    3. The shotguns just don't feel good at all, and I'm not even talking about accuracy. There's just a wonkiness to them in general. I understand that they are WWI guns, so they are going to be a bit unwieldy in some ways...but I've shot a Remington 10-A before, and it definitely isn't as bad in real life as it is in that game. So I don't know.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@bojackhorseman: no kill cam (as in replay) but it would show you who/where it came from in relation to you.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@xolare said:
    @flasaltine said:
    @thekramer89 said:

Neither was color

Are you telling me WWI was completely fought with Dogs

Yes and it was all a musical.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've had multiple instances where I am shooting people and the hits don't seem to register. I've mostly seen it with LMG's while I am laying down. It's either connection issue related, or it is detecting me hitting debris that aren't there. It sucks, but it has happened so infrequently I don't mind.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.