Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 21, 2016

The long-running Battlefield series goes even further back in time in the 15th installment, this time to the first World War.

Operations Mode: Rush 2.0?

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

This sounds really great to me. I tried Rush a bit in the beta and it just felt too small and limited now. I still love Conquest but of course it can be unfocused and with how vehicles work and how weapons are so role specific, there were some annoying moments in the beta where I was stranded far away from any points to capture or caught with the ability to only spawn in the sights of snipers.

I think meeting in the middle for the two modes is a really smart move.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This looks like a cool mode. DICE made a bunch of changes to how the classes worked and I can't say I was too fond of them in the Conquest dynamic. The removal of Engineer and repair tools being the biggest one so I can see this mode being more linear and direct in nature not requiring some of those class specifics that I like in Conquest.

I gotta say though, with the a lot of the design changes they've made and all of their new modes since BC2 being really linear they really seem to be geared towards mechanics that support people who don't play with friends. That's all well and good but in doing so they're removing features for people that do, one of my favourite things to do with one of my mates was to get in a tank together and dominate the map as a pair of engineers. That is totally removed in BF1 so now that other mate simply said he's not even going to get the game.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ivdamke said:

This looks like a cool mode. DICE made a bunch of changes to how the classes worked and I can't say I was too fond of them in the Conquest dynamic. The removal of Engineer and repair tools being the biggest one so I can see this mode being more linear and direct in nature not requiring some of those class specifics that I like in Conquest.

I gotta say though, with the a lot of the design changes they've made and all of their new modes since BC2 being really linear they really seem to be geared towards mechanics that support people who don't play with friends. That's all well and good but in doing so they're removing features for people that do, one of my favourite things to do with one of my mates was to get in a tank together and dominate the map as a pair of engineers. That is totally removed in BF1 so now that other mate simply said he's not even going to get the game.

The medic gets a repair tool if that's how you played it. So does the tank driver so you'd both have repair tools, just not a rocket launcher.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayt: The medic gets a repair tool? Since when? Did they add that after the beta?

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hayt

@ivdamke:I don't believe it was in the beta but it's been described on their website

Enjoy keeping your teammates alive? Play as... the Medic class!

Medic: If you've played a Battlefield game, the cry of “Medic!” is pretty familiar. There's very little more important when fighting than being able to protect the guy besides you, and that's where the Medic class shines brightest. But in Battlefield 1, Medics aren't just trained in the art of keeping their teammates healthy - they can repair vehicles, too. They can still hold their own in the combat department, with medium-range weapons that can put down an enemy so fast that healing an ally might not even be necessary.

It's an odd choice but it does give you more reason to mix up classes. It's probably not as good as the rocket toting engineers of BF4 but if you want to stick with a buddy and keep your tank alive for ages medic tools and repair stuff sounds ideal.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayt: Huh, well that's good news. Seems like they should've renamed Medic to Support and Support to Supply. I seriously hope they tweaked the revive system in the full game.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just played a bit of this new mode. It's really cool. The round based nature is a pretty neat idea and the fact that they wrap a narrative around it is also really neat. I really liked rush in BC but the fact it was never 64 player on PC turned me off of it. But this new mode having 64 player support is really cool, and fucking chaotic.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: The revive system was bugged in the beta it works in the full game.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This turned out to be a really cool mode. They made a huge mistake in not incorporating it into the server browser which has resulted in frequent empty servers thanks to not enough players trying to play it. I think because it's not in the server browser a lot of people think it's a singleplayer/coop mode with its cutscene introductions making it appear that way. I hope they eventually find a way to patch it into the server browser simply because getting into games from there is faster than watching all the world map/zoom effects and having to click several extra buttons.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The mode itself is pretty awesome. Quick match on operations dropped me into a pretty lively session. That said, xp carries between all multiplayer modes but badges don't. Which is only really annoying if you're trying to get, say the medic badge and need 20 rifle grenade kills and just want a change of pace. Otherwise great mode

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.