Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Unity

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

The Assassin's Creed series heads to Paris, France, amid the French Revolution. The player controls Arno Dorian, an Assassin, as he attempts to disrupt and destroy the true powers behind the Revolution.

If I purchase this for $20 on ps4, what would I be feeling emotionally?

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

I'm tempted...

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Itwastuesday

i paid zero dollars for it from an xbox one bundle and the game made me feel bad

JayPB08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By JayPB08

I'm the minority, but I absolutely loved this game. Not sure how buggy the console versions still are though (played it on PC)

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I had a spare buy 2 get one free coupon at Gamestop a couple months ago and picked it up and it's really not that bad. Granted I only played a couple hours but the worst part of it is just map clutter. I'll eventually get back to it just as a curiosity but if you're bored/are super into the French Revolution like I am then it can't be that bad, right?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just played through The Order 1886, which I payed $20 for on PSN, and it was pretty alright. All Assassin's Creed games are bad.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably empty inside. Maybe shame with a dash of buyers remorse.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been thinking about it to, threw in black flag today figured i may finish it up but man the 'assassins creed' stuff just isn't much fun in it. Granted it's an older game and more like 3 than unity or syndicate though.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#8  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I'm hardly one to talk, because I have bought games to satisfy my morbid curiosity (i.e. Conception II) for $20 before, but I'd recommend against getting a widely derided installment in a series that releases a new game every year. It's not like you're lacking for superior Assassin's Creed games if that's what you're looking for.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I know a couple people who really liked this game - and they all said that by Christmas they didn't find any issues with the game. Not my first hand opinion, but thought I'd relay the things I've heard.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Arousal followed by shame, hope, and regret.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends. What does $20 mean to you? If you wouldn't notice it was gone forever leaving only a mess behind, then go ahead. If not, maybe binding of Isaac Rebirth? Or like sleepy dawgz. Or like a decent bottle of vodka? All these are better ideas that will me you happier.

bhlaab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 15

Assassins Creed games are carefully tailored to make you feel fucking nothing. Imagine a soup of grey washing over your soul

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I think it's okay but also I like iii so take my opinion with a grain of salt

Even after the extensive patches and stuff it can still be occasionally buggy. I've only played the story missions and haven't engaged with the side stuff, but it's good for what it is. $20 is a good price for that game

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5bc497650e6
    deactivated-5e5bc497650e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just put something on another screen/device and wander around Paris opening all the chest and collecting all the cockades. Very relaxing and lets you enjoy the city. The missions are not very fun though.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I want to express the feelings you will have through interpretive dancing:

Loading Video...

I think that makes it pretty clear to be honest. You don't have to thank me, I'm just doing my duty as a fellow GB companion.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if we are posting art then here, this will bring you infinite more joy than Unity

Loading Video...

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm tempted...

Hey lackluster, if you're anywhere near a Target they've actually got it for $10* right now, for both systems. DPCI for the PS4 version is: 207/34/1028 and 207/32/1028 for the XB1 version.

*It should be at least

Avatar image for deactivated-6109c8479bb3d
    deactivated-6109c8479bb3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@lackluster said:

I'm tempted...

Hey lackluster, if you're anywhere near a Target they've actually got it for $10* right now, for both systems. DPCI for the PS4 version is: 207/34/1028 and 207/32/1028 for the XB1 version.

*It should be at least

Take this guy's recommendation. If you are to buy AC Unity, maximize your sale. I also saw this on sale at my local retailer for $9.99, and they had a lot, a LOT, a LOOOOOOOT, of unsold copies (both PS4, XBone, and PC combined).

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By LackLuster

@lackluster said:

I'm tempted...

*It should be at least

Thanks! I'll take a look around. Target just closed down here, but I'll peek at some other retailers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@lackluster: I've actually bought and beat it quite recently. There are definitely a lot of good things in Unity and if you like Assassins Creed you will still enjoy the formula here. Paris looks great and the different areas feel pretty distinct. You certainly get that feeling of a nation on the verge of change.

The problems are mostly technical. No matter what I did there was pretty significant input lag that made certain actions in the game difficult. Combat is obviously still heavily counter based and I'd regularly miss the timing of ripostes despite pressing the button at the exactly right time. Lock picking is kind of a nightmare because of this as well. The story is kind of all over the place and a little and character actions and motivations seem completely random but that's sort of been the case for a lot of these games.

Other than that most people telling you what a travesty it is probably never even played it. The framerate dips here and there but after all the patches it's "acceptable" I guess - not good but not terrible either. The missions are generally decent and the assassinations are genuinely fun and offer a degree of choice not seen before. Tons of customization and you never have to worry about helix points because you'll have plenty of money.

I honestly think Unity could have been a great AC if they spent at least another year on it fixing performance issues and maybe tweaking some gameplay. From everything I've seen Syndicate basically uses all the same systems introduced in Unity so that's like a vision of what Unity could have been.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have only put maybe 5hrs into Unity and I always just mindless play these games usually listening to podcasts or watching videos, but I'm really enjoying it.

I'm on PS4 but it seems like most of the issues have been fixed since launch, and the expansion is free which is apparently pretty good and adds a lot more content.

Once you get past the opening tutorials I think it's actually on par with the 2 or brotherhood (black flag being my favorite).

Keep in mind though I skip cutscenes and basically ignore everything and play this game just to pass time while doing something else. I find this is always the best way to play this series.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@castiel: thank you for bringing this video back to my attention

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found a similar deal for PC version but now I'm in a situation where I have to download 50gb from Uplay which is really slow for me for some reason and downloading at an average speed of around 300kb/s so this might take a while...

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Now that the game breaking stuff is pretty much all cleaned up its just a bad open world action game. If you are really into the series I would say you can probably find $20 of fun in it though.

pkmnfrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resounding disappointment is the common sentiment, I believe. Perhaps with a hint of that feeling you get at the end of the Bloody Baron saga in Witcher 3, "I wonder how much of this is my fault"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.