Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Android

Concept »

Artificial life-forms ("robots") specifically designed to mimic the appearance of human beings. Although this is a male-specific term, with female-looking machines actually being "gynoids", the term "android" is generally used universally in video games.

Is General Grevious an Android or a Cyborg?

SM2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SM2099

Just wanted to get this doubt out of the way, specially since the Clone Wars game is coming out, and he will most likely be a character and will need a concept clasification.

IMO, this is a pretty tough call. I don't know if it's a robot with some human biological features implanted inside it (i.e. Dr. Gero aka Android 20) or a person with and extreme robotic makeover. Then again, their is another question, Grevious is also an alien from what I can tell, so can he even be catologued in the Android or Cyborg concepts?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I think Grievous would be best classified as a Cyborg because he still has some of his original body left, but is mostly machine at this point. 

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JohnDudebro

I'm pretty sure he was originally a biological being, that just at one point got a robot body.

He definitely uses a lot of his old organs, shown by how his lungs got messed up enough to give him that cough, and how Obi-Wan killed him with a blaster shot to the gut. If you still rely on all of those, and aren't just a brain in a robot body, I'd classify that as a cyborg.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Android=Human looking robot
    Cyborg=flesh and machine parts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.