Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Amplitude

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 24, 2003

Amplitude is a music/rhythm game and is the sequel to 2001's Frequency. Like its predecessor, players play songs by hitting notes on multiple tracks representing each instrument found in the song.

New Game in the Frequency/Amplitude Series?!?!?

the9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the9

Does anybody think that Harmonix will ever go back to these series, when they've been preoccupied with these peripheral based games for the past five years? I can't be statisfied trying to play Guitar Hero with my 360 controller. *sighs* I miss Amplitude...

burningstariv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By burningstariv

Unfortunately, i really don't think so..  I mean, that is to say that Guitar Hero isn't the spiritual successor to the Frequency/Amplitude series. Although they are by no means the same game, to anyone who has played both games can attest to the fact that many of the main game play functions were adapted to fit the game play of the first Guitar Hero. But as a whole, the rhythm game genre is has reached a point where the standard is to either have some sort of gimmick or peripheral. Right now it just doesn't seem like there is much of a market for a straight forward music game such as this series. Has the time for that style of game passed? Who really knows? But i wouldn't hold my breath..

spunkrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By spunkrake

Well there's 'Phase', which completes the 'Harmonix music games with titles based on spectral phenomena and only three notes' trilogy.  Personally, though, I like their later games a lot better.  Certainly there's a lot that can be stretched out of 'controller as musical instrument' games, but Harmonix decided to go in a different direction, fixing the controller rather than trying to shoehorn more complicated gameplay into it.  I'd certainly be interested if they decided to go back to more dance-themed music, but in all other ways, gamplay-wise, I think their newer games are superior. 

-N

Bkorns4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Bkorns4

I really think guitar hero/rock band was the direction they wanted to go with the serious. I think its a step forward, but i'll always love amplitude

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By calf_exercises

I dont know, good question. I think it would make a good DS game. I would really enjoy a new one

i2v2nr20i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By i2v2nr20i

I always wished that they would have continued to make games in the same vein, but as I've played more of Guitar Hero and Rock Band I've realized that it's really the way to go. Amplitude is a good enough game to this day to fill all my scrolling along a track mashing L1 R1 and R2 needs

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Shocker

I think it'd be cool if they made another one. I wouldn't count on it though.

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
    TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

I really would like one but ehh I think theyre workin on Rock Band 2 and such

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mourne

Probably not, but you may see Amplitude on PSP or something at some point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.