Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Amnesia: Rebirth

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 20, 2020

An adventure horror game.

For people who have finished it, how do you feel about it?

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

Poll For people who have finished it, how do you feel about it? (7 votes)

I like it more than The Dark Descent! 57%
    I like it less than The Dark Descent 29%
    I didn't really like it, pretty disappointed 14%

I ended up really liking this, but it seems like people are generally positive but fairly cool on it.

The start is pretty slow, but once you arrive at the fort I found it got pretty intense from then on.

All of the visits to The Dark World were very cool to me, especially since on paper I feel like it's an idea that's really easy to fuck up. Coming across text written by the Lovecraftian superbeings was pretty wild, as were the memory capsules from the original. Alexander's methods of vitae creation turned industrial is disturbing in a way that feels like a combination of the best story elements from SOMA and The Dark Descent. Getting an up-close look at this in The Hunting Ground was one of the scariest sequences, along with the moments after your water breaks.

The flashbacks to Tasi's time with Alys might be the saddest stuff I've seen in a game - and all of it takes place during loading screens, often without dialogue, just the sound of crying or the baby struggling through her illness.

• 
    Lord_Punch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

The only part of the game that flat-out bothered me was when you are in the maze / labyrinth sort of area and you encounter Leon as a monster. I kept getting lost, and it felt like there wasn't a happy medium between being able to hide from him and have time to figure out the path. Even now, I'm not sure how I got out of it.

The monster encounters overall felt very similar to The Dark Descent and Soma, which is a mild nitpick for me. I kind of wish they found more interesting ways to engage with them.

Other than those complaints, I loved it. I think the story is fantastic. I loved the characters, especially Tasi. And the voice actress for her, Alix Wilton Regan, gives one hell of a performance. It's probably one of the best vocal performances I've heard this year.

I think the game looks great. The music is appropriate. The puzzles were mostly engaging.

Personally, I think The Dark Descent was scarier on a moment-to-moment basis. But I think Rebirth has the stronger story and characters. I'm spending longer thinking about this one than I did The Dark Descent after completion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.