Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alpha Protocol

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 27, 2010

Control rogue agent Michael Thorton as he tries to unearth an international conspiracy in the near future (where everybody seems to have a hidden agenda or two) in this third-person action RPG.

Play now, or wait for unofficial/fan-made patch?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrKlorox

Should I go ahead and start playing this now in its raw state, or just wait for the inevitable community authored fixes? The trend seems to be that good-but-flawed games always get a pack of fixes a year or longer after launch, but I haven't seen mention of anything forthcoming for AP. I made the "mistake" of playing through the STALKERs, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, and Arcanum before any of the fan patches came out, and I can't bring myself to finish them again now that they have. Am I just trying to play this game too soon?

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NekuCTR

I absolutely hate the PC version of AP, horrible support all around, and was straight up broken at launch, without a fix for nearly a month. I wouldn't count on an official patch any time soon, but as of now it's serviceable. If you can wait a little it will probably be nearly perfect though.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iDarktread
    @Haru48 said:

... straight up broken at launch, without a fix for nearly a month.

Has the game been fixed, fully by now? I understand the concept of fan made patches, but is the PC version currently just as playable as the console versions?
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

@iDarktread said:

@Haru48 said:

... straight up broken at launch, without a fix for nearly a month.

Has the game been fixed, fully by now? I understand the concept of fan made patches, but is the PC version currently just as playable as the console versions?

Seems like it so far. I decided to give it a try to see if it was busted outside of design decisions, and I don't think it is. Installed fine, steady framerate, no control issues while using a 360 pad, minimal hangs or crashes after about 12 hours. I guess I'll keep at it since it doesn't feel 'straight up broken' at all.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By kingzetta

AP is a great game on the PS3

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By GunslingerPanda

The PC version is the best game I have played this year.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Barrock

So are there mods? Is the PC version still broken?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.