Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 30, 1999

Control medieval armies and develop a bolstering economy in this genre defining strategy game.

Bruno Dias, writing for Waypoint, wrote a really good article on Age of Empires 2's surprisingly strong community

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xdeser2

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/gy5zpb/an-unsolved-game-age-of-empires-ii-still-breeds-obsession-17-years-later

Age of Empires 2 was one of the first games I ever played as a kid, and it's remained one of my favorite games of all time since then. When I got a bit older , I was happy to discover that I wasn't only enjoying it because of the nostalgia, but because it was a great game in and of itself. Seeing the community of people who have both grown up around the game and still play it to this day, some 18 years later, staying healthy is a really good feeling.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember as a kid, playing this over lan with two of my uncle's. Great times, great game.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You just sent me on an hour long free fall down the rabbit hole of strategy games.. I'm reading about Command and Conquer games, Homeworld, and reminiscing about the first Age of Empires.

I'm gonna give RTS games another shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.